Climate Control Technology
What is comfort?
Climate control technology resists temperature change for a comfortable seating experience.
- • are created with a proprietary technology that allows our mill to create polyurethane with comfort levels that outperform fabric and genuine leather
- • dissipate heat and moisture from the body without creating surface condensation
- • contain high strength and flexibility built into our open-cell polyurethane structure allows for a thinner layer which increases heal transfer and improves comfort
- • contain no softeners, plasticizers, or treatments that could reduce permeability and the feeling of comfort
Stands Up to Harsh Cleaners
Our materials can be used where harsh cleaners are required.
The ability for airlines to provide a safe cabin environment is paramount and our materials can be used where harsh cleaners are required.
- • can be sanitized using disinfectants such as (1:5) bleach/water solution
• stand up to alcohol-based cleaners to clean and remove stains
- withstands isopropyl alcohol for stubborn stains
• resistance to cleaners and disinfectants guarantees it holds up longer and will need to be replaced less often
How much fuel is your fabric costing you?
Ultrafabrics is less than half the weight of genuine leather and one-quarter less than bonded leather. Decreasing weight leads to less fuel burns for the same or greater range. So, less Co2 produced per mile flown and a lower per gallon cost of jet fuel. Helping to keep the cost of aviation flying lower and contributing to a more sustainable future.
Our fabrics are:
- • the lightest material in the market at 340g/m2
• 30% lighter than other lightweight materials
• 50% lighter than standard aviation leathers
Made Without Adhesives, Entanglement, or Lamination.
Our propriety process, Takumi™ Technology, involves applying the principles of craftsmanship to maximize the performance of each of the four layers:
- • Surface Layer: adds extreme durability with ease of care and low maintenance
• Topskin Layer: engineered for maximum hydrolysis resistance and enduring strength
• Microfoam Layer: structure helps provide thermal comfort for body climate regulation
• Substrate: provides stability delivering high performance and upholstering ease